Fri, Oct 07|
Woodsrunner School, LLC
Bushcraft Skills Weekend 2.0
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2022, 2:00 PM – Oct 09, 2022, 3:00 PM
Woodsrunner School, LLC, Woodsrunner School - Meetup Location, 49 Brick House Rd, Whitmire, SC 29178, USA
About the Event
A fantastic experience for both the complete novice and the well seasoned!
This event is designed to give a taste of some of the skills used, as well as spending time outdoors to gain a better understanding of the natural environment. Bushcraft not only increases one’s self-reliance but also builds confidence and helps one become more relaxed within the wilderness.
So join us to Learn Bushcraft Skills on a Weekend!
What to expect at the Event?
At the Woodsrunner School, we have an instructional method that works. Throughout the event, key skills will be introduced, explained, and demonstrated. Participants will then be allowed to practice the skills under the watchful eyes of our experienced instructors.
This event requires no previous experience and is suitable for adults and older youth who really want to up their skill levels as well as for those with more wilderness experience.
Dinner is on us Saturday Night! Potato Soup over the fire with fresh campfire-baked bread.
What is covered at the event?
- How to keep your Woodsrunner Bushcraft Kit simple & the recommended gear that can fit into your budget
- Knife selection & field maintenance
- Knife safety & carving skills - notches, crafted tools, cooking & eating utensils
- Essential knots
- Woodsrunner cordage management system - how to roll, pack & carry it with ease
- Pack frame construction - ladder pack frame
- Bed Rolls
- The haversack - how to pack & why we carry them
- Improvised fire - feather sticks & charred materials
- Fixin wax & quick candle making
- Pitch glue
- Improvised fishing & trapping techniques
- Fireside - tallow rendering, bread making & back country meat preservation
- Backcountry Self-Care: improvised first aid & hygiene
- And more...
What do I need to bring with me to the event?
- Drinking & cooking water for the duration of the event
- A hammock, tent, or tarp
- Weather-appropriate sleeping gear
- Weather-appropriate clothing & footwear
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Food, snacks, & drinks for the duration of the event
- Cooking gear & utensils (cookstoves, pans, pots, grills, etc.)
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Personal hygiene items
- 100’ 550 ParaCord
- Large Roll of #36 Tarred BankLine
- Fixed Blade Knife - Mora Companion, Mora Bushcraft, Mora Garberg, or equivalent
If you have it, bring your gear. There is nothing like working with & showing off your gear to a bunch of gear junkies.
Participants: 20 (Maximum)
Duration: 2:00 pm Friday to 3:00 pm Sunday
Prerequisite: No Prerequisites Required
Eligibility Requirements: Students must be at least 12 years old. All students younger than 18 must be accompanied by a paid parent or legal guardian.
Participants can camp in their tent, hammock, or string a tarp for shelter. We encourage you to spend the Friday and Saturday night camping in the woods and getting to know your fellow bushcrafter’s around the campfire.
Meetup Location: Students need to meet our staff near The Brick House Campground, 49 Brick House Rd, Whitmire, SC Between the hours of 1:00 PM & 1:30 PM Friday, October 17th.
Directions: From I-26, take exit #60 (SC 66), and drive east for 3.5 miles. Turn right onto Forest Service Road 358 and drive .1 miles. There is a field just a short drive to your left. You will see our staff members parked at the entrance of the field to meet you. Turn in and they will provide you with instructions. (This is the meetup location unless otherwise noted). From there you will be led to the school property.
Bushcraft Skills Weekend 2.0